tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Sep 05 09:44:47 1997

Re: 2 more Okrandian backfits

On Thu, 4 Sep 1997 20:00:58 -0700 (PDT), you wrote:

>ghItlh ghunchu'wI'
>>And what's wrong with being associated with the Sakrej region, hmm?
>
>TKD page 11:  "Those Klingons who do not speak the official dialect are
>considered either stupid or subversive, and are usually forced to undertake
>tasks that speakers of the official dialect find distasteful."

After listening to TKW, I'm starting to wonder about the official
dialect.  Gowron, on the Klingon CD-ROM, seems to have the same accent
as Worf (virtually no glottal stops, etc.).  Perhaps with his rise to
Chancellor, there is a new official dialect.  Kahless is, after all,
nothing more than a figurehead.

Scott D. Randel
tera'ngan thlIngan Hol ghojwI'

Back to archive top level