tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 03 19:09:56 1997

Re: TKW proverbs

At 02:46 PM 9/3/97 -0700, Dawut wrote:

>>This doesn't explain why the RPs aren't in KGT, but
>>then Marc wrote KGT expressly for us (well it sure looks like it!) ad
>>he knew we already knew how to spell the replacement proverbs from
>>the tape. :)
>
>When you say "expressly for us" do you mean the members of the Klingon
>Language Institute, the E-mail list subscribers, the language fans in
>general or all of the above?  Just wondering who "us" is.

This will teach me not to make jokes while answering questions.  I am
delighted with the book because it answered many questions that I and
Klingonists I know from the list and/or the KLI have asked.  I suppose "us"
is "everyone whose wishlist KGT shortens."

>Thanks for the explaination regarding TKW, are any of the proverbs
>explored in any issues of HolQeD?

They are cited as examples in places, and I know HoD Qanqor did a column on
TKW when it first came out.

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level