tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Sep 03 10:51:16 1997

Re: begin 001 jIHaghqu'bejtaH end

On  2 Sep 97 at 13:26, Qov wrote:

> > > begin 001
> > > majQa'. bIlughbej. Holmaj tIchnISbe'lu'
> > > maQochbe'law'. batlh tlhIngan Hol DaHub
> > > motlh *uuencode* rurbe'bej Holmaj. Hoch
> > > mu'tlhegh taghbe' *m*. maw'law' Morgoth
> > > end
> >
> > jIHaghqu'bejtaH! choQuchqu'moHpu'!
> >
> > My email client did not show me your actual reply. I just saw the
> > quotes and the text "This message has attachments; click
> > 'Attachment' to see them." in red.
> >
> > Apparently Pegasus Mail v2.52/Win32 recognizes uuencoded
> > attachments just by "begin ###", followed by lines beginning met M
> > (or m), followed by "end" (maybe even the begin/end pair) in order
> > to show the user if a message contains attachments.
>
> vaj jabbI'ID ngeHwI'lIjvaD rurchuqchu' tlhIngan Hol *uudecode* ngoq
> je.

Not quite, but close. It was just the "begin 001" and "end" parts
that we're enough for the "quick attachment scanner" to designate
your tlhIngan Hol answer as "very probably a uuencoded attachement".

I believe this attachment scanner can be turned off somewhere (so you
see the whole message always, without an indication of a possible
attachment). Then, if you see something that's an attachment you can
still press the attachment button to decode it. But the scanner is
usually not confused, despite it's simplicity, so I like to have it
turned on.

tugh tlhIngan Hol mu'tlhegh vIghItlhbe'chugh, tlhIngan Hol ngaSbe'ba'
jabbI'IDvam. ;-)

Qapla'
peSHIr

Jarno Peschier, computer science student, Utrecht University
   mailto:[email protected]    http://jarno.home.ml.org/
    'avwI' nejDI' narghta'bogh qama' reH 'avwI' Sambej

Back to archive top level