tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Sep 02 02:09:20 1997

Re: Klingon Language site

At 10:34 PM 9/1/97 -0700, you wrote:
>Wow . . . I just stumbled across a Japanese site which makes extensive use of
>Klingon, and it's not that bad!  Is the author, one Shin'ichirou Koubuchi, on
>this list?
>
>http://www.asahi-net.or.jp/~VZ4S-KUBC/tlhindex.html

That site has been around a while.  (Try a search some bored day on half a
dozen of your favourite search engines for the word {tlhIngan}.  Throw in
{*thlIngan}, too if you want to catch the really bad sites. There's even an
unauthorized Estonian translation of TKD out there.) And I think we have our
own urban legend about the American Klingonist lost in a Japanese city, who
manages to find a Klingon-speaking local with whom he can converse.  The
extensive tlhIngan Hol information on the multilingual Japanese site above
is the one thing that gives a scrap of believability to the story.

Qov  ([email protected])
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level