tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 31 20:00:47 1997

Re: Klingon

At 07:12 97-10-29 -0500, [email protected] wrote:

You sent me this by private mail, but if you're wondering, someone else
probably is, too so I'm answering to the list.

}Hello

Hello and welcome.

}i have already the TKD and klingon for the galactic traveler
}what other resources should i have

You're off to an excellent start.

Check out http://labs.thomtech.com/~dspeers/klingon/faq.html for the
complete list of what's available.  You can learn to write very fine Klingon
with only the two books you have, but you might be interested in getting a
audio tape to check your pronunciation.

}2nd how do you form questions were there is no knowledge of the verb form to
}be

It's not that we have no knowledge of the verb to be.  We KNOW there isn't
one. And Klingons get along just fine without.  Look at the type-9 verb
suffix {-'a'} in section 4.2.9 and at the question words in section 6.4 to
see how we ask questions.  Look also at the examples of questions in the
appendix on p. 169-172.

DaH bIyaj'a'?

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian