tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 29 12:43:06 1997

Re: KLBC: Some phrases.

charghwI'vo':

batlh jutoy'qa'chu'ta'. bIDojtaH. qatlho'qu'. reH batlh
Daqawlu'taH!

On Tue, 28 Oct 1997 11:29:42 -0800 (PST) Steven Boozer
<[email protected]> wrote:

> : }jang Qov:
> : }>Yes. {law'} works on both countable and uncountable nouns.
> : }
> : }ngoDHeyvam DaSovbej'a'?
> : }'olbogh chovnatlh vItu'pu'be'.
>
> janqqa' Qov:
> : wI'ol 'e' vIqaw 'ach 'olbogh mu'tlhegh vIqawbe'.  chaq vIqawHa'.  Voraghoy,
> : SovwI''a', bISaH'a'?
>
> Qovoy, jISaHbej 'ach motlh jItamtaH.
>
> Here is <law'> in canon, exclusive of law'/puS constructions. This does not
> yet include the new material from KGT (I still haven't found the time to add
> all the references from KGT page by page into my AKD).

jIyajchu'. I've just finished updating my four dictionaries to
contain the new words (after abandoning my earlier project of
sweeping through those four dictionaries to synchronize them)
and now am sweeping through the text of the book to update the
details in my AKD database. The job never ends.

>  - tlhIngan Dujmey law'qu' SommeyDaq batlh cha'lu'
>    [It] has been emblazoned upon the hulls of countless Klingon starships. SP1
>
>  - HoS law'qu' luch law'qu' je lo' Duj nuH pat Hub pat je
>    A huge amount of the ship's power and technology is devoted to its
> weapons grid and
>    defensive systems. SP3
>
>  - chIch vay' 'oy'moHmeH 'oy'naQ 'ul law' tlhuD 'oH
>    Painstiks... emit a highly-charged shock for the express purpose of
> inflicting pain. S32
>
>  - HoS law'qu' natlhmo' So'wI'
>    Due to the tremendous energy drain of a cloaking device... S33
>
> Qov is right. You can indeed use <law'> with both ships <Duj>, which can be
> counted, as well as power/energy <HoS> or electricity <'ul>, which can not
> (at least in English).
>

> Voragh

Back to archive top level