tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 17 09:24:37 1997

Re:

At 19:46 97-10-14 PDT, GhItlh wrote:

}	nuqneH! pongwIj 'oH ghItlh'e'! ghItlh leSlay puqloD!
}What do you want! My }name is GhItlh! GhItlh son of Leslie.

If you look closely at p. 68 on how to form the 'to be' structure you'll
realize that this yours says "ghItlh is my name," but the grammar is correct.

}1. The Good of Kahless! qeylIS maj!

maj is an interjection, not a word that can be used to modify others.  It's
a bit like "bravo!"  or "attaboy!"  You wouldn't say "the plan is bravo"  or
"the bravo of Kahless."  Klingon does not actually have an abstract noun
"good."  I'm not even quite sure hat it means here, so I can't go too far
towards helping translate your intended idea.

{qeylIS woQ} - the power of Kahless
{QaQ qeylIS} - Kahless is good

}2. The Vulcan's dog! vulqangan targh!
lugh.

}ghe'torvo' narghDI' qa'pu'! When spirits escape from Grethor!!
maj.  From KGT.

Oh and ghItlh, it isn't necessary to copy your messages to the list and to
the grammarians.  We all subscribe to the list.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level