tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Oct 17 07:54:05 1997

Re: KGT: The Jokes Keep Coming

At 07:22 PM 10/16/97 -0700, 'etlhqengwI' wrote:
>On page 147, Okrand defines the slang term bolwI' as a traitor.
>Something about this sounded VERY familiar.
>
>Here in North America in the 1860's, during The War of the Rebellion
>(known variously today as the "US Civil War" or "The Late
>Unpleasantness with the North"), Southerners who worked for the
>Union against the Confederacy were called "boll weevils".

Very nice.

You know, I'm more and more amazed at Okrand's knowledge.  His mind
must be like an overstuffed attic of trivia.  It's taken at least
a dozen of us to catch his various references.

majQa', MO!

-- ter'eS

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Corridor/2711

Back to archive top level