tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Oct 02 00:27:47 1997

Re: KLBC

At 20:14 97-10-01 -0700, muHwI' wrote:
}[email protected] wrote:
}> I am using AOL and I have no clue how to  change this font. Does anybody know
}> if it is possible to change it in AOL? I do NOT see any differennce between
}> "ell" I and "eye" l. Your example really "looks like chicken scratch".
}
}> Stardate 97746.8
}I noticed that small l (L) and large I (i) do not need to be
}distinguished with Klingon.
}With standard
}1) if the word starts with the letter it is always a small l (L)
}2) if it is between two consonants it is a large I (i)
}3) except with tlh which always contains a small l (L) becauce a small h
}always appears as small in compound letters. If it is alone it is a
}large H.

You're quite right, but a beginner who is scrambling to figure out what any
of it means, doesn't need the headache of deducing I from l on logic alone.
Try reading my handwriten Klingon sometime: I don't use serifs, my {'}s are
really long and my baseline is unsteady so the word {lI'} looks like three
uneven vertical lines.  I can read it just fine. :)

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level