tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Oct 01 19:03:28 1997

Re: KLBC: better

At 05:27 97-10-01 -0700, qoror wrote:
}ghItlh ghunchu'wI'
}>SkyBox card S26, for one (reprinted in HolQeD 5:3):
}>{DuraS tuq tlhIngan yejquv patlh luDub 'e' reH lunIDtaH DuraS be'nI'pu'
}>lurSa' be'etor je...}
}>"The sisters of the House of Duras, Lursa and B'Etor, are constantly
}>seeking a higher standing for the House of Duras within the Klingon
}>High Council..."
}>
}>Of course, this sentence also puts an aspect suffix on the second verb
}>of a sentence-as-object. :-/
}
}I pointed that out a while ago, but I guess I ignored the {Dub}.  But, as I
}also stated, that's exactly the type of case you'd do that in.
}Of course, I wonder that maybe that's actually the way to say it, or, if
}not at the moment, later.  It might have something to do with TKD 6.7 ...
}MO might explain that {'e'} is somehow akin to {-'e'} and the same rule
}applies.

nuqjatlh? chut Daqelbogh yIngu'.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian