tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 30 19:15:19 1997

revise Hamlet

>>  I would have *killed* to have {mI'}, {tlhay}, {nguv}, and a few
>> others from KGT while editing the play!
(snip snip)
>I disagree, as I do with your advocating we ease up on the rules in advanced
>Klingon, as you say further down (and you guess correctly that I would). Our
>brief, as I see it (I may not have seen it so at the beginning, but I do now)
>is to render Shakespeare into proper Klingon, and not to take any convenient
>shortcuts in doing so. Hamlet was restored into Klingon to the best of our
>abilities and knowledge at the time. As it turns out, we made some wrong
>guesses; this was beyond our control. For that reason, I consider it proper
>that Hamlet be revised. But for purely practical reasons, this will not happen
>for a fair while; nor will Much Ado be revised to incorporate KGT Klingon.

Maybe you could get MO to offically mention that the vocabulary and grammer
used in these plays are the way of the ancient language; and these plays
were written back during those ancient times.  Instead of always covering
for Paramount writers, see if you could get him to backfit the plays into
the ancient ways.

DloraH

Back to archive top level