tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 29 08:36:09 1997

Re: Daghtuj

|For some reason this morning I wanted to translate "seeing-eye dog" and
|I was trying to decide whether to transliterate "dog".  I had looked at
|the new vocabulary when KGT came out, watching specifically for "words"
|that people have used as names, and I noticed that the syllable {Dagh}
|appears in two places -- one of which is {Daghtuj}.  Hot dog. :-P

|-- ghunchu'wI'

Nice catch!

{Dagh} appears as a syllable in at least five new words from KGT:
{Daghtuj}, {bo'Dagh}, {nevDagh}, {HurDagh} and {tIngDagh}.

I have a sneaking suspicion that they're all jokes, I just can't figure
them out. Particularly the last two, which are stringed instruments. I've
been told that {leSpal} is a pun, but I don't know popular music well
enough to have recognized it.

Voragh

Back to archive top level