tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 29 07:56:18 1997

Re: Setting up your email software

On  3 Oct 97 at 5:35, Jarno Peschier wrote:

> > 3. In MS Word 7 turn off the feature that underlines
> > suspected spelling errors, because it will get confused when the
> > memory buffer fills up from too many Qaghqoqmey.
>
> I don't get this: why would *anyone* write their email with MS Word
> 7? Sounds like the prelude to trouble...

It's also the default if you use Microsoft Outlook with a Microsoft
Exchange server.  Within an organization it allows lot's of rich
formatting (such as using pIqaD).  You just need to make sure your
administrator is smart enought to turn the rich etxt option OFF for
mail going outside the site, and make sure your users are educated
not to expect the fancy stuff to travel outside the organization.

One additional hint for Word users...  Go to the Autocorrect options
and turn off the feature which automatically putus the first word of
any sentence intro proper case!
Garrett Michael Hayes
[email protected]
     * Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for
       dinner. Liberty is two wolves attempting to have a sheep for
       dinner and finding a well-informed, well-armed sheep.

Back to archive top level