tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Nov 26 07:33:15 1997

Quark's name

(I lost the original post this topic appeared in, so please bear with me.)

Concering the Klingon transliteration of Quark as {quwargh} on the Star
Trek: The Experience webpage, recall that both "Quark" and {quwargh} are
transliterations of a Ferengi name.  It's likely that Quark's name isn't
pronounced on Ferenginar exactly like the English or Klingon versions.

Consider the name Rom.  If the 'r' is a Parisienne sort of 'r' and not
the English one, it could sound like *{gham} to the Klingons.  The point
is that names are hard enough to transliterate from English to Klingon.
Things could get really weird with names that aren't English to begin
with.

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level