tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 18 00:13:40 1997

Re: ghunlu'wI'

In a message dated 97-11-15 04:55:39 EST, charghwI' writes:

<< Say
 what you will, but when used with transitive verbs, {-lu'}
 does, in fact, act as passive voice. >>

But this is just the problem with such faulty logic regarding language.  We
must not simply think that something acts some way when we have been
specifically told it acts another way.  The {-lu'} verb suffix does not
equate to passive voice in Klingon even if it seems to in English.  We need
to use tlhIngan Hol, not merely translate English.

peHruS

Back to archive top level