tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 16 12:42:49 1997

Re: DOW (was Re: KLBC introducing myself)

At 10:17 97-11-16 -0800, ghunchu'wI' wrote:
}ja' muHwI':
}>{rIvSo'} is in German the same word as {QIn}!!!
}
}The German translation of TKD -- "Das offizielle W�rterbuch" -- seems
}to be lacking in precision and detail.  It gives {rIvSo'} as "Botschaft"
}with no further explanation.
}
}I found enough apparent vocabulary problems and recognizable typographical
}errors, minor and major, to make me distrust it completely. :-(

I don't even speak German and I could see after only a quick look that we're
going to have some seriously frustrated beginners, and possibly some
indignant arguments, when peopel who are learning out of the German edition
start to join us.

Qov     [email protected]
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level