tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Nov 11 09:37:41 1997

RE: plans

[email protected] on behalf of Marc Ruehlaender wrote:
> > {yuch Soppu' puq 'e' vISovbe'}

>I'd translate as "I didn't know that the child ate
> the chocolate.", because obviuosly, NOW you know, as you have stated it
> as a fact.

Not necessarily.  There's nothing in the sentence to indicate tense.  It could
just as easily mean "I don't know that the child has eaten the chocolate."
Right now, I don't know.  I believe this would be the correct way to express
this idea in Klingon, instead of with a question as the object.  In English,
we'd usually state it with "if": "I don't know if the child ate the
chocolate."

SuStel
Stardate 97862.1

Back to archive top level