tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Nov 08 21:27:18 1997

Re: Misc

In a message dated 97-11-07 09:52:01 EST, Anthony Appleyard writes:

<<  (2) I have just bought `Klingon for intergalactic travellers', and I
notice
 that Okrand hasn't used any of the words from the book `Kahless'. Pity,
 because a word for `ox, `beef', and that book provides the word {minn'hor}
for
 a Qo'noSian wild and domestic ox.

peHruS here:  We have recently seen good backfitting by MO, in KGT for
example.  Perhaps there is more parHol coming out than MO could fit into
books he has already designed.  Perhaps, the new parHol will be covered
later.

The word used in DS9 for an illegal batleH hit to the head is {pI'Hagh}, if I
heard it clearly enough.  This illegal hit by a tournament opponent of Worf
caused him to finish ninth instead of winning the cup.

Point is:  pI'Hagh is not yet a tlhIngan Hol word, is it?  We do not have any
evidence from MO.  We have only the episode on TV from Paramount.

Back to archive top level