tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Nov 07 08:45:03 1997

RE: bIchuSchoHqu''a'

At 10:11 PM 11/6/97 -0800, you wrote:
>It's not the *length* that bothers Klingons when they watch Hamlet, it's how
>long things go on for before anybody gets killed!  Hamlet, upon hearing of his
>father's murder, *should* have waltzed up to Claudius and challenged him to a
>{vItHay'} immediately.  Instead, he worries and ponders and procrastinates.
>This is the social commentary made by Hamlet, showing the decline of the
>times, and this is why Hamlet is classified as a "Problem Play."

     Or perhaps it is a cautionary tale - Hamlet's dishonorable hesitation brought about
his death - death by treachery, instead of in honest battle.

| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |      [email protected]      |
| I could be wrong.  After all, there's  |                                   |
|      a first time for everything.      |http://www.mindspring.com/~thevicks|