tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Nov 02 13:21:50 1997

KLBC: ready

ghItlh Qov:
>> To say "ready" in Klingon you must say what you are ready to do.
 bItaghrup'a'?  bItaHrup'a'?  bImevrup'a'?  bIHeghrup'a'?<<

ghItlh Voragh:
>> Though the pun would be lost in Klingon, -beH "ready, set up" (referring
to the computer) could be nicely contrasted with -rup (referring to the
person using the computer). Other ways to say "ready" are ghuH "prepare for"
(i.e. get ready) and the exclamations 'eH, SuH or Su' "Ready! Stand(ing) by!"
<<

Okay, here some Ready-Exercises:

chu'beH'a' De'wI'lIj? (DatI'ta''a'?)
Is your computer ready? (have you fixed it?)
~-~-~-~-~-~-~
verengan Suy jay': choqIprup 'e' teH'a'
Ferengi: Do you really wanna hit me?

tlhIngan SuvwI': ghobe' - vIHoHrup - bIHeghrup'a'
Klingon: no.., but I'm ready to kill you. Are you ready to die?

verengan Suy: ghobe' - jIHeghvIp
Ferengi: Nope, I'm afraid to die.

tlhIngan: vaj qaHoHnISqu' - qaHoHrupchu'
Klingon: In that case I really need to kill you. I am perfectly ready to kill
you.

muHwI'
Stardate 97839.7

Back to archive top level