tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 30 17:08:39 1997

Things that make less sense than lolSeHcha

I knew what lolSeHcha meant all along, but I'm now willing to admit
to confusion on:

QoD - (v) maneuver (engines)

Is this a particular thing engines do that I am unaware of? Or does
it refer to any maneuver performed under power? (So that if I do a
hard about in a sailboat, jItlhe'qu', but if you shove the tiller
across to follow in your motorboat, bIQoD.)  Or perhaps the object of
QoD must be QuQ.  Or are engines an example, so that this matches the
English definition "move manage or guide cleverly," to distinguish it
from troop movements or "to cause by clever contriving."  None of the
English defininitions of maneuver in my dictionary includes engines.

chay' mu'vam vIlo'laH?

ghopDapvo' Duj QoD HoD.
QuQ tIQoD!
botwI' junmeH lem(*) ghajbogh Ha'DIbaH'e' QoD lIghwI'.   (Klingon
barrel racing)

* I've extracted lem (hoof) from the name of a Klingon dish, and if
anyone wants to challenge me on this usage, he's going to have to
come up with another way to say ungulate.

P.S. I just noticed that the word ngem'a' in my lutHom jajlo'
should have been ngeng'a'. Makes a little more sense that way.

Back to archive top level