tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 26 10:01:59 1997

Re: Klingon Anthem

Marian Schwartz wrote:

> I had always been confused by the word "attitude," and wondered if it was a
> misprint of "altitude--" I mean, the way a ship is pointing isn't the first
> concept that comes to mind with the word "attitude--" or indeed the second.

In aerospace terms, attitude is completely correst, and refers to the
spacial orientation of the starship.  Altitude-control would imply that
said starship is above a surface, which most are not.  "Attitude-contol
thrusters" is the correct definition.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level