tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 23 20:45:41 1997

Re: vIttlheghmey: was Dream Proverb

At 05:02 PM 5/23/97 -0700, SuSvaj wrote:

> As long as we are on the topic of made up proverbs, I always thought that
 > the Addams Family Credo of "Sic Gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc", (We
 > gladly feast on those who would subdue us.) cried out for Klingon.  My
 > rendition would be:
 >
 > 			nuchargh 'e' neHbogh nuvpu' wISopqu'mo' mabel.

Ya know, "gladly" doesn't really mean "happy" in a case like this.  It really
means "willingly" (I can't find a word for "glad" in the latin quote, either).

That being the case, I'd go for the much pithier

                nuchargh luneHbogh nuvpu' wISopqangbej

> SuSvaj

-- ter'eS

Back to archive top level