tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun May 18 18:49:53 1997

RE: KLBC - lut tlhaQ

[email protected] on behalf of Neal Schermerhorn wrote:
> (I have used -- to indicate dialogue. If another convention is preferable,
> let
> me know!)

Since our romanized lettering isn't really how Klingons write, it doesn't
really matter, as long as we understand you.  Personally, I use <>'s.

> tachDaq ba' Human
> ghoS SuvwI' 'ej jatlh SuvwI' -- maghwI' jIH Daja''a'

This isn't necessarily wrong, but be aware: using verbs of saying is something
we're not too sure about.

> jatlh Human -- jIpumbe'

Don't you mean, {qapumbe'} "I did not accuse you"?  Oh, I see.  This is
necessary for the joke.  Never mind!

> jatlh SuvwI' -- maghwI' ghaH vavwI''e' Daja''a'
> jatlh Human -- jIpumbe'
> QeH SuvwI'

This would be an appropriate place for the suffix {-choH}.  You're not just
describing the warrior as being angry, you're making the point that this
conversation begins to make him angry.  {QeHchoH SuvwI'}.

> 'ej Human woH 'ej ravDaq chagh
> 'ach Saqbe' Human
> tlhob SuvwI' -- chay'
> jatlh Human -- jIpumbe'