tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat May 17 16:16:50 1997

KLBC: SajmeywIj

-- [ From: Don or Carey or Rich * EMC.Ver #2.5.02 ] --

wej Sajmey vIghaj.  *lengwI'Hom, *SuvwI'Hom, *nuchoy je vIpongpu'.

I have three pets (they're cats).  I named them "Little Traveler", "Little
Warrior", and "Dear Coward".  I hope my use of <je> with nouns is correct.

juHwIj Sech Sovbe'bogh Saj'e'.  Sovbe'wI' buQ *lengwI'Hom.

A stranger pet (also a cat) visits my house (and hangs around outside).
"Little Traveler" threatens the stranger.  I wasn't sure if there was a
standard word for the noun "stranger", so I used "one-which-is-not-known",
though I suppose this could have other interpretations.

vaj *lengwI'HomvaD *avwI'Hom'e' vIpong.

Thus, I call "Little Traveler" "Little Guard".  I put <'e'> here to
emphasize the new name.  Since this is a change in the naming of my cat,
would <vIpongbogh> be appropriate?  I hope <pong> isn't too difficult a verb
for me to start out with.  Did I express the direct and indirect objects
correctly?  This _seemed_ like an easy story to tell!

Qapla'
QumpIn tlha'noD bu'
tlh.w.D. *lev'eq, tlhIngan HIvghom (217) 854-9269  [email protected]
Communications Sergeant Dla'nod I.K.V. Lev'ek, Klingon Assault Group

Back to archive top level