tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 15 12:30:56 1997

Re: KLBC: tlhIngan bom

>Date: Sun, 11 May 1997 20:28:40 -0700 (PDT)
>From: Alan Anderson <[email protected]>
>
>And ~mark presented a counting song at qep'a' wejDIch that would probably
>be perfect [substituting {jaghma'} for {jaghpu'} to fix the grammar?].

Right, the counting song would be nice.  I'll make up a MIDI file of the
music, too (I don't need Krankor's permission for that: I wrote the music
myself.  It's only a few measures, anyway).  Yes, substituting "jaghma'"
for "jaghpu'" to fix the grammar.

Hmm, where's my copy of the counting song?....

First verse is the refrain, after follow the verses.  The starred verses
are sometimes frowned upon by modern Klingons, since they seem to be
"unKlingon," but actually are the original form of the song.  A few people
go so far as to avoid them (omitting the "pagh" verse and substituting the
alternate shown for "wej"), but most Klingons think such bowdlerization is
silly and extreme.  (some of the verses are sort of silly, too, but that's
as it should be: it's a children's song).

~mark

HoD, HIjang: rInpu'DI' veS
 jaghma' 'ar DaHoHpu'neS?

toH, qaja', jIHmo' Hegh pagh *