tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu May 15 04:45:59 1997

Re: The paradoxes of English...

Q'ISt'ova (Eliseo d'Annunzio, Esq.) wrote:

> Going on the concept of how we should not take English for granted,
> and therefore be wary of Klingon clashes as well, I found this to be an
> interesting pause and reflect...

There is also the cultural drift to think about.. with my favorite
example:

In the US the postman brings the mail, but in Britain the Mailman brings
the Post.

Imagine with all the dialect changes that happen with the passage of the
Emperor how many little quirks there could be like this as well.
--
-Mhoram
Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your

Back to archive top level