tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon May 12 07:23:54 1997

Re: bomchuq qamDu'

> A suggestion for "Dance" might be the compound "body-sing".
Unfortunately I don't have
> my TKD with me at the moment, so I know -bom for sing, but can't think of
the word for body.

> Any thoughts?
>
> Tony Harris
> Community College of Vermont
> [email protected]

First of all, "Body Sing", (porghbom) is a noun-verb construct, which for
the time being is illegal.  Of course, the same word would also mean "Body
Song" which is grammatically legal, but doesn't make me think of "dance."
I previously suggested, (QoQmo' jIvIH), "I move because of music."  Granted
it's not very satisfying, but I think it's as close to the mark as we can
get without Okrandian intervention.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level