tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri May 09 16:57:04 1997

RE: Sign of colors and a insult

jatlh Edy Fonseca:
> Do you know if klingons have a kind of color (or word) in sense of
> fear/coward?
> In english blue means sad; in portuguese yellow means coward; in most of
> languages
> white means peace and red/green light (semaphore) means stop/go.

The only thing I can think of, and we're not really that sure we understand
it, is the joke in Power Klingon:

Doq'a' SuvwI'pu'?
ghobe'.  SuD.

It is possible that Klingons who tell this joke are associating
blue/green/yellow with risk-taking, as {SuD} means "blue/green/yellow" and
"take a risk."

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian