tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 18:46:05 1997

Re: The Klingon Anthem! At last!

Q'ISt'ova (Eliseo d'Annunzio, Esq.) wrote:

> I seem to recall an episoide from ST:TNG (Episode name unknown) but I
> recall the main storyline distinctly. Worf trapped on a planet which had
> Klingons living in "harmony" (??) and Worf at some time of the episode
> snogs some Klingon-Romulan stock female, believing her to be all Klingon,
> around the end of the episode Worf starts them singing the anthem,
> complaining that they hadn't any of the honorable Klingon fighting spirit
> left within them... yada yada yada... most of the Klingons get transported
> up to the Enterprise as "refugees" according to Worf's words...

That wasn't the same anthem, I'm afraid.  This one (from KCD and "SotE")
appears to be the National Anthem of the Empire, or at least the
official song of the Klingon Defense Force.  They seem to sing it when
they're about to go into battle, or after getting under way on a
mission.

By the way, you're thinking of "Birthright," a two-parter that involved
Worf visiting a planet with other survivors of the Khitomer Massacre of
2346.

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level