tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 13:41:49 1997

Re: maqcha

[email protected] wrote:

> Of course, since episodes are not considered by KLI canon, we will not yet be
> allowed to use {maq} for "begin" or {maqcha/maqcha'/maqchu'} for "engage."
>  We already have in tlhIngan Hol {yIchu'} for "engage" and {yIchu'Ha'} for
> "disengage."

Oh, of course!  When I discussed the derrivation of {maqcha'} from
{maq}, I was merely engaging in idle speculation; as creator of the
Paramount Hol page, I definately know what's official and what's not.
Since the two do seem to fit toghether nicely, it would be cool if Marc
would "canonize" these words like he did with {parmaq}, eh?  Until then,
all we can do is play around with them!

Speaking of my page, here's a shameless plug: the Paramount Hol page has
undergone an update, for those interested, current through "Soldiers of
the Empire."  Unfortunately, I missed a few episodes lately, so I MIGHT
have missed a few words here or there.  DaH yISuch 'ej "Paramount" Hol
yIghoj!

http://www.geocities.com/Area51/6559/parhol.htm

-mIqIraH

Back to archive top level