tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue May 06 07:35:43 1997

Re: vaj KLBC

> In a message dated 97-05-01 03:46:54 EDT, SuStel writes:
>
> << So go ahead and say *{SopDaq} if you like.  Just don't do it in KLBC,
> whether
>  I'm the BG or not, and don't expect me to have to agree with it, just
> because
>  you think it's logical.
>
>  I still don't see why you can't just accept that Klingons may very well
say
>  {SopmeH Daq}.  >>
>
> Actually, I use {SopmeH Daq} for "table."  I just wanted to stir up
> discussion about making new words after seeing some other examples from
other
> people.  My error lies in that I put together different parts of speech.
>
> peHruS

As far as improvising a word for table is concerned, *SopmeH Daq* seems
reasonable to me.  It goes along the same lines as *ghojmeH taj* and
*tojbogh pa'*.  As for "Dinning room",  the KLBC version of Hamlet uses
*Sojpa'*.

SuSvaj

Back to archive top level