tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 31 14:43:32 1997

Re: Opinions

jatlh -mIqIraH

> What does the following noun chain express to you:
>
> bIQ'a' lam qach'a'
Uhh... "big building/structure of the dirty ocean."
<<<

jatlh Soqra'tIS

ummm... chaq "sand castle" "Polluted Ocean Building" ghap
"sand castle" DaHechpu' ... qar'a'
<<<

jatlh SuStel
<<<
To me, it means, "ocean dirt important building."  I don't know what *that*

means, though.
If you're trying to come up with a phrase which looks like that, you're
better
off simply explaining what you're trying to talk about.

Soqra'tISvaD yuch yInob

My original intent was to see if anyone would infer the meaning of sand
castle
out of context. I was composing a sentence for the postal course lesson #7
and wanted to use the suffix -lI'. I wanted to say
"I am building a sand castle."
bIQ'a' lam qach'a' vIchenmoHlI'

I realize that I have no context in the sentence as well. Still, at least
one infered
my meaning.

Any other ideas for "sand" and "castle"?

BTW SuStel, <bIH> <chaH> ghap lo'lu' 'e' vIqawlaHbe'
choqawmoH 'ej qatlho'

SI'IluD
wa'Hu' jIboghbe'

Back to archive top level