tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 27 17:19:58 1997

RE: KLBC&KBTP, Biblical translation

jatlh qoror:

> Do you think you could say "-lI'vIS?"  It does say in TKD that at is
*always*
> used with "-taH," but common sense says that there shouldn't be anything
*wrong*
> with "-lI'vIS."

No.  TKD says it's always {-taH} + {-vIS}, and we've no counter examples
(except for the proverb from TKW: {QamvIS Hegh qaq law' torvIS yIn qaq puS},
which Okrand even admits is irregular, which was probably just a backfit to
match up with what is said incorrectly in Star Trek VI, and which also doesn't
use {-lI'}, anyway.

> Still, with the direct words of TKD, I won't try it, but maybe
> later we'll get something using it.

I doubt it.

--
SuStel