tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 27 17:17:06 1997

RE: MSN - Word of the day???

On Thursday, March 27, 1997 4:37 PM, [email protected] on behalf of Clint
St.Laurent wrote:

> >> To add fuel to the fire, don't forget about the definitions Okrand is
> >> supplying to MSN for the featured word-of-the-day.
>
> For those of us NOT on the MicroSquish network: Please elaborate on this.
> Is there a consolodated source of these new words?  Are they being added
> to the KLI new words list?

There are no new words, there are only new definitions for the words we
already know.  (Marc Okrand suggested there'd be new words, but we haven't
seen a one yet.)  However, I've been quite disappointed with what we've seen
there so far: things like {Hogh} equal to one *Earth* week, or {jar} equal to
one *Earth* month, when TKD explicitly telling us that that these are Klingon
periods, and a few other silly things.  They seem very much like they were not
thought out.

Occasionally, one of us who can access this web page will run into something
we didn't notice before.  However, these are little tiny details, like the
transitivity of a particular word.  It's not the sort of thing one always
realizes is not clarified.  And, just how long would you be interested in
going to this site every day, just to find the definition of {HoD}?  This is
no one's *duty*, unless you'd like to undertake it . . .

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level