tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Mar 21 02:01:44 1997

RE: KLBC: ghomvaD wa'DIch jabbI'IDwIj

ghItlh maqlIy:

> jIHvaD paqqachlIj yIDel.
> Describe your library to me (please).

lu'! jIbel.
I will! With pleasure.
(sorry, it took some time, but I only get to email at work...)

DuSaQ'a' paqqach 'oH paqqachwIj'e'.
My library is a university library.

DuSaQ'a'vamDaq jonwI'pu' ghunwI'pu' je qeqtaH ghojmoHwI'pu'.
In this university the teachers train engineers and programmers.

wa'maH cha' paqqaHHommey tu'lu' 'ej.
There are also twelve departmental libraries.

tugh paqqaHHom chu' wIpoS.
Soon we'll open a new departmental library.

wa''uy' paqmey ngaS paqqachwIj 'ej Dal bIH boch.
My library contains one million books and they are all boring.
(I have no idea where the boch is supposed to be here...
Also I would have liked to say "approximately 1 mio.", but since
Klingons are never approximate...)

DuSaQ'a' pImDaq vum jupwI'. pa' Daj paqmey.
My friend works in a different (another?) university. There the books
are interesting.

paqmey DIngojDI' vaj De' wIlo'.
When we lend the books we use a computer.

De'vaD jIngoy'. Qu'vam vIparHa'.
I'm responsible for the computer. I like this task.

Holmey DaHad 'e' *in general* DaparHa''a' pagh tlhIngan Hol
DaHaDtaH'a' neH?
Do you like to study languages in general or are you just studying
Klingon?

Have a nice weekend!
IrmI
Irmgard Pohrer, TUB Muenchen