tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Mar 20 10:55:15 1997

Re: KLBC: Let's

jatlh David Trimboli

> > How can I say:  Let's do something ? as Let's drink
>
> Depending on the situation, you might either command the person, or you can
> tell them you WILL do something.
>
> For example, in Power Klingon, we hear {DaH matlhutlh} "We drink now" for
> "Let's get a drink."  Usually in situations like this, it's pretty obvious
> that you're not saying "We are drinking now," since you're not holding a cup
> in your hand yet.
>
> Let's go home.
> DaH juHDaq majaH.
>
> Let's kill some Ferengi.
> DaH verenganpu' DIHoH.
>
> Let's go.
> HItlhej.

	In TKD pg 57, there is Ha' as let's go, but I thought a situation
like a group of friends just arrived in a bar and one of them say:
"Okay, let's drink".

Could be: toH, matlhutlhchoH  ???

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil

Back to archive top level