tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 19 20:41:23 1997

Klingon Library Posters

I was working late and suddenly thought of Klingon READ posters. (For those
who don't spend all their time in US libraries these are posters published by
the American Library Assn. that feature a celebrity reading (or holding) a
favorite book and various sentiments like "Share the feeling...Read." )

A Klingon series might feature:
ghawran "ST:Klingon" je: pevang! pelaD!   (Take Action! Read!)

qeylIs "Way of the Warrior" je:  batlh yIlaD! (Read with honor!)

wej SuvwI' - laDwI'Daq "TKD" yuv wa' :  bIlaDbe'chugh vaj yabIlj' Hegh!
3 warriors - one pushes "TKD" toward the reader:  Read or your brain dies!
(I'm not happy with laDwI'Daq yuv)

paq ghaj wo'rIv 'ej quS ghaj Dax: Dabangbogh vay'vaD yIlaD 'ej yIjunrup!
Worf has a book and Dax has a chair (ready to throw):Read to someone you love
and be ready to take evasive action!
(From Worf's comment that during courtship females hurl heavy objects and
males read love poems and duck a lot.)
How do I express "hurl, throw, fling, pitch, toss"?

Well, back to what I'm supposed to be doing.

Back to archive top level