tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 19 16:00:39 1997

RE: tlhab ja'qu'ghach

jatlh qoror:

> Message text written by "David Trimboli"
> > And as for my own, "minor nothing" is
> pretty nonsensical.<
>
> You know, "minor" isn't the only translation of -Hom. --qoror

Why, yes, I do know that.  But which translation I choose to represent the
word is irrelevant.  {-Hom} means the noun it is attached to is smaller, less
important, or less powerful that the noun without the suffix.  None of the
following make any sense to me:

Nothing which is smaller than normal nothing.

Nothing which is less important than normal nothing.

Nothing which is less powerful than normal nothing.

It's not the *translation* I do not accept, it is the *concept*.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level