tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 12 08:31:56 1997

Re: A Pun?

jatlh  SuSDuj:

First rule of military protocol: "Never Volunteer! Only Saps volunteer!"

Terran-NorthAm-dialect:  sap = fool; idiot; one easily fooled or
talked                                into things; stupidly naive.
Most                                commonly used during 1940-1960
AD                                       (pre-StarDates, Old Earth
dating)

tuq l'maSto'r Y'jImbotlh

Dominic R. Scales wrote:

>  Tl> Has anyone noticed the tlhIngan Hol word for volunteer? It's <Sap>...
>
>  Tl> Well it made me giggle.
>
> Hm, somehow I didn't get it. Could you please explain?
> (If this request makes me look like a fool ... well, I am {:-< )
>
> SuSDuj

Back to archive top level