tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 11 16:20:16 1997

{I} and {l} (was Re: For The Sake of Learning...) (off-topic)

>>> (By the way, it's spelled
>>> {tlhIngan Hol} with a capital {I}, not a lowercase {l}.)

>> I'm sorry, in my font "I" looks the same as "l" and I use the "l"
>> instead of an "I" because it's faster.

Yeah, good excuse (not).  What font is that?  Arial -- ugh!  Whatever
happened to the old traditional Courier?

> I've noticed that when you write a message, it's in a different font than
> when you receive a message.  In the first font, I and l look alike, but in
> the second, they aren't the same.  This might not be true for others,
though.

True.  With the good mailing programs they are the same, but with some
programs on different systems (other than PC) there can be some of this.

voqHa'wI'

[email protected], http://mailhost.net/~fprefect
# IT'S A SMEGGING GARBAGE POD!!
#     -- Rimmer, Red Dwarf I-4 "Waiting For God"

Back to archive top level