tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Mar 05 07:26:36 1997

tlhIngan food (slightly off-topic)

[email protected] wrote:

>      You want to cook qagh? Live serpent worms? It's easy! first, go to
> tlhlngan wo' and get some serpent worms, then, put them on a plate, and serve
> them, it's just that simple, let's go to a clip Nancy...

     Alternately, go to your local bait shop (yes, you see where this
is going, don't you?) and get some nightcrawlers.  Big juicy ones.
Rinse them a bit and then put them in a container of cornmeal for
several days to fatten them up and to rid their systems of the manure
they were raised in.  Serve in a bowl with tall sides so that they don't
crawl out.  (Yeah, this sounds gross, but they are perfectly safe to eat,
and I've heard that they are actually pretty good once you get over
the idea of putting something in your mouth while it's still wiggling
and chewing it up. :)

     Or if you don't want to be quite *so* authentic, try serving some
appropriately shaped pasta in a *very* highly spiced sauce.

     For Stuffed tobaj Legs, well, try starting with king crab legs and
get creative.  (I've always thought those things were pretty alien-looking
to begin with. :)

wIvqu', law'wI'pu'vaD Holtej jIH
| Thaddaeus Vick, Linguist to the Masses |    [email protected]  -or-    |
|                                        |     [email protected]      |
| I could be wrong.  After all, there's  |                           |
|      a first time for everything.      | http://www.crl.com/~dvick |