tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Mar 04 19:03:32 1997

RE: Procurando por alguem

jatlh Edy Fonseca:

> 	No! But it's not important now. I have to walk on my own steps!
> Trying to convert it in klingon:
>
>  ghobe'!  'ach DaH potlhbe' 'oH. qampu'wI' jIyIt

When talking about feet, you must use the {-Du'} plural suffix, for body
parts.  And you use {-wIj} for them.  To use {-wI'} implies that your feet are
sentient and can speak!

You've said, "I walk.  My feet."  You must expand the sentence for it to work.
 Here's an example:

jIyItmeH qamDu'wIj vIlo'nIS.
I must use my feet in order to walk.

But in Klingon, this comes out as sounding rather circular . . .

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level