tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 03 15:46:28 1997

RE: UNO

On Monday, March 03, 1997 11:40 AM, [email protected] on behalf of Joel
Peter Anderson wrote:

> > >I was playing UNO with a couple friends over the weekend, and as usual I
> > >would throw in the occasional Klingon word; or at least I tried...
> > >UNO uses four colors:  red, green, yellow, blue.
> >
> > Since the Klingon color space is so coarsely divided, I like the idea
> > of labeling things for representative objects instead.
> >
> > {'Iw, tI, Hov, chal...}
>
> [Then there is the question of whether "'Iw" maps to red.  But,
> I'm flexible.]

It doesn't *need* to be exactly the red you'd find in a Crayola crayon box.
In fact, it wouldn't be.  Klingon blood is pinkish purple (shown in both Star
Trek VI and in Star Trek: Klingon, but not surprisingly not in TNG or DS9).
This could be one of the UNO card colors.

And we've seen the swamp-green color of the Klingon sky, assuming that it
looks like that most of the time.  That could be {chal}.

I wouldn't use {tI} or {Hov}.  The colors of these things vary too much.  But
we could come up with other things.

Then we need "reverse" and "skip" . . .

--
SuStel