tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 03 07:04:29 1997

Re: KLBC: ??? mughato' ???

On Sun, 2 Mar 1997, Jim LeMaster wrote:

> I am working on an electronic TKD to help me with translating back and
> forth.  So far I am up to mughato' from the TKD Klingon-English side.
>
> Just what is a "mugato" that mughato'is tlhingan for?

The "mugato" was seen in "A Private Little War"* episode of TOS.  It
is/was an ape-like creature, with a horn out of its forhead.
Something like the beast which attacks Luke in "The Empire Strikes
Back".  In my Curious wIjwI' stories, I call the Curious George-like
character a "little mugato".[See web page below]

* Episode 48. Aired Feb  2 68    Stardate 4211.4

Private Little War

  Kirk, on a Davy Crockett-like planet, is bitten by a Mugato
while the rest of the crew fights Klingons.

   joel anderson * [email protected] * [email protected]
 mIghghachvo' yImej 'ej yIQaQ; roj yInej 'ej Dochvam yItlha'
    http://members.aol.com/JPKlingon * [email protected]

Back to archive top level