tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Mar 03 00:38:53 1997

RE: KLBC: New Words - magic, magician

jatlh Jim LeMaster:

> Alan Anderson wrote:
> > I *still* don't know what it's supposed to mean.  Let's pick a verb that
> > we *do* agree exists -- how would I understand {Sovbe'Sov}?  I wouldn't!
> >
> As Yoda would say, "That is why you fail!"
> You have, probably by accident written the first Zen-Klingon:
> literally Know-not know, or "Know without knowing"

No.  Literally, you'd have to say {Sov Sovbe'taHvIS} "He knows while he
doesn't know."  And I'm quite sure that any Klingon you tried to say this to
would look at you funny, and then slam you to the ground.

Let's put it this way: try learning the rules correctly before you start
making things up.  Once you can converse with me completely correctly in
Klingon, THEN I'll entertain ideas you have about extrapolation.

--
SuStel
Beginners' Grammarian

Back to archive top level