tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Mar 02 03:20:10 1997

Re: Procurando por alguem

> jatlh Edy Fonseca:

jatlh David Trimboli

> >       rut lughDaq Holmey lo' Qatlh 'oH
>
> Huh?  I *think* you were trying to say, "Sometimes it is difficult to use
> langauges correctly."  I'm afraid you didn't get this.

	Yes! That was my intention. :)

> Your first task should be to reread TKD section 6 on syntax, specifically,
> sentence order.  Remember, it's Obj-Verb-Subj.

	My difficult is: when there are more than 1 verb in the sentence,
 how I use the obj-ver-subj.

> Now, to work on this sentence, you'd better recast this into something Klingon
> can handle: "In order that one uses languages correctly, the task is
> difficult."
>
> There's no adverbial meaning "correctly," but that's okay.  There's a verb
> suffix, {-chu'}, meaning the action is done absolutely correctly.
>
> Holmey lo'lu'chu'meH, Qatlh Qu'.
> In order that one uses languages correctly, the task is difficult.
>
> You cannot use {Qatlh} in a sentence-as-object, because it doesn't take an
> object!  The "it" in "it is difficult" doesn't exist in Klingon; it would
> require sentence-as-subject, which you cannot do!

	Hummm ... thanks!! I'll try other ones and send you.

> > > "Portuguese" vIjatlhlaHbe' jIH.
> >
> >       :))  jajlu' Sov Iv' ?  {]-D
>
> Huh?  What's {jajlu'}?
>
> "Portuguese" jatlhlaHbogh pagh vISov.
>
> >       maghojchoHlaH maghItlhtaH neH
>
> "We can begin to learn we are merely writing."
>
> What did you mean by that?  You should really include an English translation
> of what you're trying to say, so I can help you out if you get it wrong.

	I tried to say: only writting we'll be able to lean.

--
Francisco Fonseca; Eduardo "Edy" Fonseca
Belo Horizonte MG - Brasil

Back to archive top level