tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jun 29 21:54:48 1997

Re: KLBC: Go back three spaces...

In a message dated 97-06-26 22:30:24 EDT, SuStel writes:

<< ..can the distance or method of movement be the object of the sentence?

 I don't think so.  That's why I like your use of {ghoS} so much.  Still, as
 slightly clipped commands, you could make this: {yIHeD.  wej yoSmey.}

Looks like we have yet another disagreement coming.

I feel amounts, including those measuring distance, may be objects of verbs.
 I certainly prefer {loS qelI'qam qet HughDu' SIjbogh loD}.

The problem in tlhIngan Hol is that we lack so many words for measurements.
 No "quarts, gallons, tons, pounds, feet, etc."

peHruS

Back to archive top level