tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jun 25 16:50:56 1997

Re : RE: KLBC: proper use of {je}

vIja' :
>> How would you say "borderline" in tlhingan Hol? "(language) borderliner"
>> would
>> fit me quite well, wouldn'it it? :-)
jang SuStel :
> I'm not quite sure what you mean.  {HeH} is "boundary."  Although it
probably
>doesn't mean what you want it to, I think {HolHeH} sounds kinda neat for a
> name . . . (who needs it to mean anything, anyway?)

Just talking about nicknames, not *real* personal names... HolHeH is also
painful for {*cigarette*mo' chechwI'}, but it has the advantage of no need to
make the difference between {gh, H, q, Q, ' }... Fortunately, I was
exaggerating.

Qapla' -- HdW

Back to archive top level