tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jun 24 20:33:37 1997

RE: Family Line

>We can use a bit of apposition here:
>
>*qotang* puqloD *qontay* jIH.
>
>How to say "So-and-so, child of Such-and-such" has always been a topic of
>conversation around here.  There are many ways people have devised to say
>this.

(I am DloraH, my father is naD)
I use:

DloraH, naD puqloD

noun1 noun2  means noun2 belongs to noun1.   noun1's noun2.
naD puqloD - naD's son

I am DloraH, naD's son

DloraH, son of naD

BG will probably say that this is wrong because it's not a proper sentence;
it doesn't have a verb.  Half the stuff we say in English aren't proper
English.  I know, Klingon isn't English, but I think it still works.
Straight forward, to the point.

DloraH

Back to archive top level